ORANGE COUNTY FASHION WEEK (OCFW) RUNWAY FAQ'S
Q: What is the OCFW Schedule?
Q: Can I bring my friends and family for participating?
A: Yes you are allocated tickets by your fashion designer for details (there will be no duplicates however.)
Q: Is there a Model Hotline for Important Questions:
A: During OCFW a model hotline will be designated for calls and inquiries, please use that line for any and all questions. 1-855-365-0247 ext. 169
Q: Is there any compensation for models at Orange County Fashion Week?
A: Currently we don't offer compensation for models during Orange County Fashion Week, except for contracted models that are sponsored by request of the OCFW sponsor.
1. Q: Why?
- We currently don't offer compensation for models because we look to keep designer registration affordable for emerging fashion designers to support their opportunities to showcase and be a participant at Orange County Fashion Week (OCFW)
- We look to treat all models equally during Orange County Fashion Week.
- We look to support emerging models that have not received experience
- OCFW Priorities: For models that do volunteer during the OCFW season we provide model agency services at no cost to them through our OC Fashion Council and during the remaining season, we make them the priority to book them with Paid Model Assignments and Professional Model Bookings through our network of key retail purveyors in Orange County and internationally.
2. Q: Is there any exception to a model getting paid during OC Fashion Week:
A: The only time a model would get paid during OC Fashion Week, is if a sponsor requests a model (s) and offers to compensate.
3. What is our Call-Time during OCFW?
A: Call-time is the same daily during OC Fashion Week, with the exception of Monday which is a non-runway night and only models may come by request of a fashion designer, typically,
4. Call-Time is 3-5pm on Runway Days. This year at the following locations.
SUNDAY, MARCH 13 at Dawson Cole Fine Art, in Laguna Beach | 326 Glenneyre St, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
TUESDAY, MARCH 15 at The Resort at Pelican Hill, Newport Coast | 22701 S Pelican Hill Rd, Newport Coast, CA 92657
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16 at The Art Institute of California, Orange County | 22701 S Pelican Hill Rd, Newport Coast, CA 92657
5. PARKING - Where should we park and is there a Parking Permit?
- Parking will be a no cost this season
- Valet parking will be offered at each location with the exception of Dawson Cole Fine Art and The Art Institute of California, Orange County. Parking is first-come first available. Typically this is no problem except there are metered parking in Laguna Beach, you may want to carpool or arrange for pickup and drop off.
- 6. FITTINGS - Fittings will be held at The Art Institute of California, Orange County. Each Saturday and Sunday from March 5th and 6th from 1PM-3PM, and March 12th only. Following are Rehearsals. You may also arrange to meet with your fashion designer in person as needed if your schedule is a conflict with the above.
7. REHEARSALS - Rehearsals will be held at The Art Institute of California, Orange County following FITTINGS. It is required to attend as the Runways this season are not typically of a straight forward walk and formations are designed to fit the venue each day. If the time will not work for you please confirm with staff so that we can make arrangements to see you with others who cannot make the time. For those walking for the first-time in our Runway it is required to attend so that you are comfortable with your turns, posing and runway.
8. Who is our Point of Contact for Runway
Your point of contact will be your Fashion Designer
Your second point of contact will be your runway team
Q: What is I'm casted multiple times in One Night by Different Designers?
A: Please alert each designer in a group email with those that casted you, and also copy our Runway Team, we are charting models based on Maximum Separation of Changing Looks. This will alert us on our Rotation Model Grid but do alert us to be certain this is not missed so that the timing of your rotation is done correctly or we can find a replacement model for you one of your designers.